Job Title: Co-Lead Teacher
Reports To: Executive Director and Assistant Director
Minimum Age: 21
Overview: The Co-Lead Teacher collaborates on supervision of daily operations of the classroom in compliance with DCYF Licensing Requirements, Early Achievers Operating Guidelines and UCUCC Child Care Programs Board Policies. They will work with other team members to provide a warm nurturing, safe and loving environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged and individuality respected.
· Prefer an Associate degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or Early Childhood Special Education or equivalent. (Equivalence is defined as 60 (semester) 90 (quarter) college credits with 30 (semester) 45 (quarter) in ECE, CE or ECSE.)
· Minimum 12 Credits completed toward Associate Degree or beyond in Early Childhood Education (initial stackable certificate) or in school currently working toward these.
· Have 2 years documented work experience with age group of center.
· Demonstrated knowledge of child development, behavior management, and curriculum planning and staff supervision.
· Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbally. We prefer English.
· Child Care Staff may need to carry children who weigh up to or more than 50 pounds. Staff need the physical ability to access all areas of the program facility
· Must be able to pass DCYF Criminal Background Check as required.
· Meet STARS minimum requirements and have a current MERIT account.
· Child Care Orientation before working in a classroom.
· First Aid/CPR/Bloodborne Pathogens Certifications at hire or within 90 days of hire.
· Proof of negative TB Test within the past 12 months or within 90 days of hire.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Meet Program Universal Expectations.
· Establishes positive relationships and clear communications with families, co-workers, supervisors and other building staff.
· Assist in orientation of staff working in your classroom.
· Collaborate with Co-Lead to supervise other staff in room.
· Build and maintain a cohesive, collaborative team committed to healthy development of the children, each other and the Programs.
· Delegate work as needed in an equitable manner, solicit and hear feedback from team members.
· Provide input to Director and Assistant Director for the purpose of performance reviews.
· Collaborate on supervision of daily operations of the classroom in compliance with DCYF Licensing Requirements, Early Achievers Operating Guidelines and UCUCC Child Care Programs Board Policies.
· Work successfully independently and in collaboration in the classroom team.
· Establish and maintain a positive classroom learning environment consistent with the requirements of the ERS and DOH guidelines.
· Monitor equipment safety and report the need for repair to Admin Team of all equipment and supplies used by the classroom.
· Collaborate with Co-Lead to create curriculum plans and do assessments using Creative Curriculum and TSG.
· Collaborate with team to ensure that individualized instruction is implemented for all children needing it.
· Maintain an environment of appropriate and positive discipline.
· Collaborate with Co-Lead and other team members to implement behavior management strategies that honor and respect the children, families and teachers.
· Plan, schedule and conduct parent conferences in collaboration with Co-Lead.
· Maintain staffing ratios in accordance with licensing requirements, program needs and Board policies.
· Successfully account for all children at all times.
· Follows posted procedures in classroom to ensure best health and safety practices.
· Attend Staff meetings
· Collaborate with Co-Lead to maintain a parent information board in the classroom with current weekly menus, curriculum and schedules.
· Collaborate with Co-Lead and Admin Team to coordinate classroom schedule that meshes with the needs of other classrooms and other building programs.
· Communicate regularly with Admin Team about concerns or other issues in the Programs.
· Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities from a child-led perspective that reflect children’s interests and meet their learning needs.
· Recognize and record children’s development individually and in groups.
· Collaborate with classroom team to find optimal ways of completing needed tasks.
· Relate joyfully and sensitively to children.
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com